Title : Help Me! Microsoft Access Short Questions and Answers with Illustrations
Author: Suersh Khanal
Total Pages : 33
Content Pages: 24
Price : Free for personal and non-profit uses.
Description: This Booklet contains a set of questions and short answers along with nice and illustrating images
File Size: 3.30 MB
Table of Contents:
1. What is Database Management System (DBMS)?
2. What do you mean by data processing?
3. List some database applications.
4. What is MS-Access?
5. What is Database?
6. What is the extension of Access database file?
7. What is relational database?
8. What is a key field?
9. What is primary key?
10. What do you mean by foreign key?
11. What are the elements of a database?
12. What is a table?
13. What is a field?
14. What is a record?
15. What is a query?
16. What is a form?
17. What is a report?
18. What are the differences between a form and a report?
19. What is a macro?
20. What is a module?
21. What are the different Number field types in Access?
22. What do you mean by data processing?
23. What are the ten field types in Access?
24. What are the two types of data processing techniques?
25. What is batch processing or offline processing?
26. What is online processing or real-time processing?
27. Who introduced Relational Database Model?
28. What are the front-end and back-end components of a database?
29. What are link tables?
30. What are the objects of Access Database?
31. What is the meaning of following field properties? Field Size, Format, Input Mask, Caption, Decimal Places, Default Value, Validation Rule, Validation Text, Required, Allow Zero Length, Indexed.
32. What is datasheet view?
33. What is a sub-form?
34. What do you mean by filter?
35. What is Lookup Field?
36. What are the three key components of relational database design?
37. Define entity:
38. What are attributes?
39. Define relationship.
40. How many relationships are possible between two tables or entities?
41. What is cardinality?
42. What do you understand by one-to-one relationship between two tables?
43. Clarify one-to-many relationship between two tables.
44. Define many-to-many relationship.
45. What is identifying relationship?
46. What are the advantages of normalizing database design?
47. What are the E.F. Codd's normal forms?
48. How is "no nulls" constraint implemented for an attribute?
49. How is a "no changes" constraint implemented for an attribute?
50. How is a "no duplicates" constraint implemented for an attribute?
51. What are the different ways to add a table in Access database?
52. What do you mean by default value for a field in Access table?
53. What is 'Required' property of a field?
54. What do the following formatting symbols mean in Format properties of fields? <, >, @"NULL", @"Not entered", $
55. What is the use of Validation Rule property of a field?
56. What is 'Input Mask' field property?
57. What is the use of Validation Text property of a field?
58. How can you import a table created in another database or other file formats?
59. How can you view the entire data of memo field?
60. What is the easiest way to define a relationship between two tables?
61. What do you understand by Referential Integrity in Relationships?
62. What is the effect of enabling 'Cascade Delete Related Fields' when defining relationship?
63. What is the effect of enabling 'Cascade Update Related Fields' when defining relationship?
64. What is a switchboard?
65. What is an AutoForm?
66. What are the three different forms of auto forms?
67. Each object on the form has its own property sheet. What are the different ways to evoke property sheet?
68. What is the form view?
69. What are controls? How to use them? Give examples for control.
70. What is the use of the form design window?
71. What are the ways to create a new form?
72. How can you show only selected records with a form?
73. What is Dynaset?
74. What are the different useful tools available in Design Window to help you with your design work?
75. What is a Field List tool available in Design Window?
76. What is the difference between using a filter and a query to find records?
77. What are the different options that you can use to filter records?
78. How can you apply Filter For option to filter records based on a value of a field?
79. Explain Query.
80. What is an Auto Report?
81. Explain Query Parameters.
82. For what an append query be used?
83. What is a crosstab query wizard?
84. What is the advantage of Report Wizard over an Auto Report?
85. Why Report Design View is important?
86. What is the use of Label Wizard?
87. What are the different auto reports available in Access?
88. What are the different sections of a report?
89. What are some of the database object operations that a user must know?
90. What is a macro?
91. What is the difference between Print Preview and Layout Preview?
92. What are command buttons? How to use command buttons?
Table of Figures:
Figure 1: Microsoft Access 2003
Figure 2: Microsoft Access 2007
Figure 3: Entity Relation Diagram
Figure 4: Access Table
Figure 5: Access Query
Figure 6: Access Form
Figure 7: Form Design Window
Figure 8: Access Macro Design
Figure 9: VBA Interface
Figure 10: Numeric Field Sizes
Figure 11: Data Types of Field
Figure 12: Field Properties for Text Field
Figure 13: Numeric Field Properties
Figure 14: OLE Field Properties
Figure 15: Datasheet View of Customers Table
Figure 16: Categories Form with Subform
Figure 17: Lookup Wizard
Figure 18: Relationships between tables in database
Figure 20: An Identifying Relationship among three tables
Figure 20: One-to-Many Relations between Customers and Orders and Sippers and Orders
Figure 21: The Required property of a field specifies Not Null Constraint in MS-Access
Figure 22: 'No Duplicates' constraints is implemented in Indexed properties in Access
Figure 23: Design View of Table
Figure 24: Table Wizard to create new table
Figure 27: Import Excel Sheet as Table in Access
Figure 27: Linked table from Excel Sheet (New_Orders_Link)
Figure 27: Uppercase format applied for FirstName field
Figure 28: Format Property of a Field
Figure 29: Input Mask
Figure 30: Importing table from another database
Figure 31:Notes the memo field in Employee table.
Figure 32: Open Zoom Window to view complete data in Memo Field.
Figure 33: Different AutoForm types in New Dialog Box
Figure 34: Referential Integrity in Relationships
Figure 35: Main Switchboard created for database
Figure 36: Different Autoform Types in New Form Dialog Box
Figure 37: Right Click the object and select Properties to access properties of an object
Figure 38: Select the object and click Properties in Design Toolbar to access properties of an object
Figure 39: Form View displays the form
Figure 40: Ways to create new forms
Figure 41: Filter Options
Figure 42: Table Design Toolbar
Figure 43: The Field List
Figure 44: Property Sheet
Figure 45: New Report Dialog Box
Figure 46: Running Query with Parameter
Figure 47: Defining Query Parameter When Designing
Figure 48: Report Wizard
Figure 49: Report Design View
Figure 50: Label Wizard
Figure 51: Different Sections in Report Design
Figure 52: Sales Totals Macro in Design View
Figure 53: Layout Preview of a Report
Figure 54: Print Preview of a Report
|< Prev||Next >|