Crack Windows Vista logon account password in minute with the Windows Vista installation DVD. Click on the Repair Your Computer option, bring up Command Prompt to open Local Users and Groups management in MMC.
2. While the Windows Vista installation interface pops up, click the Repair You Computer link at the bottom-left corner.
3. Next, the System Recovery Options dialog box appears. There are few options that related to repairing Windows Vista, looks like Recovery Console in Windows XP:
Startup Repair options is used to automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows Vista from starting.
System Restore to restore Windows Vista setting to an earlier point in time.
Windows Complete PC Restore to restore Windows Vista from a full system backup.
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool could be the first Microsoft memory tester toolkit that bundled with Windows setup media.
Command Prompt is the target option of this Vista hacking guide. Click on this option now.
4. In the Vista Command Prompt, type mmc.exe and press ENTER key to bring up the Microsoft Management Console.
5. Click on the File menu, select Add / Remove Snap-in option, locate and select the Local Users and Groups on the left panel, and click Add button to add it to the right panel.
6. Now, the Choose Target Machine dialog box pop up. Keep the default setting by clicking the Finish button – that means using the Local Users and Groups snap-in to manage this local computer, and not another computer in network.
7. Click OK button and return to MMC windows. Under the Root Console in left panel, double-click Local Users and Group that was added earlier. Click on User folder, locate and right-click the target Vista logon account that found in the right panel.
Select the Set Password from the right-click menu to set a new password / reset old password.
Source : Rajesh