This set contains 20 multiple choice questions from MS Word with four options. Each question has one and only one correct answer.
1. What happens when you click on Insert >> Picture >> Clip Art
A) It inserts a clipart picture into document
B) It lets you choose clipart to insert into document
C) It opens Clip Art taskbar
D) None of above
2. Which option is not available in Insert Table Autofit behavior?
A) Fixed Column Width
B) AutoFit to Contents
C) Autofit to Window
D) Autofit to Column
3. To autofit the width of column
A) Double click the right border of column
B) Double click the left border of column
C) Double click the column header
D) All of above
4. From which menu you can insert Header and Footer?
A) Insert Menu
B) View Menu
C) Format menu
D) Tools Menu
5. After typing header text, how can you quickly enter footer text?
A) Press PageDown key and type the text for footer
B) Click on Switch between Heder & Footer then type the text
C) Both of above
D) None of above
6. When inserting Page number in footer it appeared 1 but you wish to show a. How can you do that?
A) From format menu choose bullets and Numbering and configure necessary setting
B) From Insert menu choose Page Number and specify necessary setting
C) Click on Page Number Format tool and specify required setting
D) All of above
7. Which of the following statement is false?
A) You can set different header footer for even and odd pages
B) You can set different page number formats for different sections
C) You can set different header footer for first page of a section
D) You can set different header and footer for last page of a section
8. Where can you change the vertical alignment?
A) Formatting toolbar
B) Paragraph dialog box
C) Page Setup dialog box
D) Standard toolbar
9. To get to the ‘Symbol’ dialog box, click on the ______ menu and choose ‘Symbol’.
10. Which of the following symbol sets would be most likely to contain a mathematical symbol such as a degree sign, greater than or equal to, or a Greek letter?
B) Wingdings 3
11. When assigning a shortcut key to a symbol, you should always try to select a key or key combination that is:
B) Located on the ten-key pad section of your keyboard.
C) Assigned to another task.
D) From the same font family as the symbol.
12. Suppose you wanted to create an AutoCorrect entry that would type the words ‘We regret to inform you that your submission has been declined’ Of the following choices, which would be the best name you could assign to this entry?
C) We regret to inform you that your submission has been declined
13. If you want to convert a symbol or several lines of text into an AutoCorrect entry, you should:
A) Insert the symbol or type the text in a Word document first. Then, select the text or symbol and go to the AutoCorrect dialog box.
B) Click the Tools menu and choose AutoCorrect Options. Then, click the Insert menu and choose Symbol (or click the Format menu and choose Paragraph) to add the symbol or paragraph to AutoCorrect.
C) AutoCorrect can only accommodate one line of text. It is not possible to convert a symbol or multiple lines of text into an AutoCorrect entry.
D) Insert the symbol or type the text in a Word document first. Then, select the text or symbol and click the Edit menu followed by Paste Special. Select New AutoCorrect Entry and then click OK.
14. AutoCorrect was originally designed to replace _________ words as you type.
A) Short, repetitive
B) Grammatically incorrect
D) None of the above
15. Which of the following is the second step in creating a macro?
A) Start recording
B) Using your mouse or keyboard, perform the task you want to automate
C) Assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro
D) Give the macro a name
16. If you will be displaying or printing your document on another computer, you’ll want to make sure and select the _____________ option under the ‘Save’ tab.
A) Embed Fonts
B) Embed True Type Fonts
C) Save True Type Fonts
D) Save Fonts
17. In Word, the mailing list is known as the ____________.
A) Data sheet
C) Data source
18. Which of the following is not one of the three ‘Mail Merge Helper’ steps?
A) Merge the two files
B) Create the main document
C) Set the mailing list parameters
D) Create the data source
19. Which of the following button will allow you to add, delete, or change records in your Data Source?
A) ‘Data Source’ button
B) ‘Edit’ button
C) ‘Edit Data Source’ button
D) ‘Data editing’ button
20. It is possible to _______ a data source before performing a merge.
D) all of the above
1-C, 2-D, 3-A, 4-B, 5-B, 6-C, 7-D, 8-C, 9-A, 10-D, 11-A, 12-B, 13-A, 14-C, 15-C, 16-B, 17-C, 18-C, 19-C, 20-D,